Business Innovators Summit
This event showcased innovative waste diversion companies in Nova Scotia. One of the summit’s goals was to raising awareness of these innovative businesses. A second goal was to help the waste diversion companies grow by encouraging collaboration/partnerships across the waste sector.
On October 11, Divert NS hosted the Business Innovators Summit to promote and showcase innovative waste diversion companies in Nova Scotia; encourage collaboration opportunities to help the industry grow by providing more material or access to material; and stimulate discussion and generate new business opportunities in Nova Scotia.
Guests at the one-day summit included businesses, regulators, government and academia. Various presentations including two business panels took place throughout the day, with presentations as follows:
- Nova Scotia: Thinking Outside the Landfill by Bob Kenney, Nova Scotia Environment
- Post Consumer Paint Recycling by Brian Tanner, Laurentide Resource Atlantic Inc.
- Oberland Agriscience by Dr. Greg Wanger, CEO of Oberland Agriscience
- Environmental Sustainability at CKF by Krista Jensen, CKF
- Divert NS Business Development Programs Overview by Kurt Laskow-Pooley, Divert NS
- Great Northern Recycling by Lisa Kaulback, Great Northern Recycling
- FCM Electronics Recycling by Mark Busgang, FCM Recycling
- Concierge: Your Guide to Innovation by Rick Nowlan, NRC-IRAP
Photos from the event are available here. (Note: Photos are copyright Divert NS 2017. If you download and share photos, please credit Divert NS.)
Hosting and facilitation were provided at the Business Innovators Summit by NATIONAL Public Relations.