Divert NS provides grants for university students undertaking research related to waste management. The program supports projects that will increase the diversion of materials from our landfills, help identify efficiencies within the waste-resource management sector, or provide information about potential new end markets for waste-resources.
Who Can Apply
The grants are for both graduate thesis research and final year honours undergraduate students.
What the Funding Is For
These grants fund projects that will investigate, design and develop:
- Materials or products that incorporate solid waste-resources.
- Technologies that will facilitate the separation and recovery of solid waste-resources.
- Solid waste reduction strategies.
- Enhanced market opportunities for solid waste-resources and/or recycled materials.
- Increased efficiency within the current Nova Scotia solid waste system.
Student Research Grant Funding Documents
If your research idea is suited to the Student Research Grant program, contact Divert NS for guidance and information on how to submit an application.
You can submit your application to email@example.com with the subject line: Student Research Grant Funding Inquiry.