Municipal Efficiency Fund
Divert NS provides support for increasing efficiency in the municipal solid waste-resource management system of Nova Scotia. The fund will support municipalities in researching, developing and implementing efficiency projects.
Eligible projects under the program could include:
- Projects assessing the feasibility of shared services or regional collaboration
- Projects that create new processes, systems and services or improve substantially those already in existence
Municipal Adoption Fund
Divert NS provides support for municipalities and/or waste management regions that wish to adopt a waste diversion program previously established in Nova Scotia.
The program will provide funding for the adoption of programs, including but not limited to:
- Curbside collection and recycling of textiles
- Green cart collection of pet waste
- Curbside collection and recycling of expanded polystyrene
- Implementation of a reuse center
- Curbside collection and recycling of small scrap metal
Municipal Funding Documents
For more information on these programs, please contact info@DivertNS.ca.