Divert NS is currently seeking a highly motivated team player to fill the Maintenance Coordinator & Warehouse Worker position at our processing facility in Kemptown, Colchester County. This position is responsible for assisting with the overall maintenance and repairs of the Divert NS processing facility as well as, processing used beverage containers collected through Divert NS’ beverage container recycling program and the Enviro-Depot™ network.
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to, age, gender, persons with disabilities, racialized persons, Black, Indigenous and people of colour.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30-4:30 (typically) but this position will also require working outside of these hours as required (i.e. mornings/evenings/weekends/holidays).
Wages: Based on experience (minimum $18.07 - $21.63 / hour)
Benefits: permanent employees are eligible for group health and dental benefits, 3 weeks’ vacation/year, cost shared RRSP plan
- Perform regular inspections of the building and equipment as required
- Plumbing, electrical, mechanical and/or structural maintenance and repairs of the processing facility
- Forklift, conveyor, baler, and compaction trailer maintenance/repairs
- Unload beverage containers from trailers delivered to the warehouse
- Load baled/processed materials on trailers for shipment
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and/or baler safely with required training
- Use electronic scanners and complete required paperwork daily
- Complete other necessary record-keeping as required
- Perform quality control checks of product received from Enviro-Depots
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Maintenance and/or mechanical background is mandatory
- Must possess good communication skills to work in a team setting with other employees and outside contractors
- Must have good organizational skills relevant to the operation of an efficient warehouse
- Must be capable of performing basic maintenance checks on equipment and fill out applicable paperwork
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift and/or drag items ranging in weighting up to 75lbs (Divert NS reserves the right to have the employee undergo a medical fitness test prior to hiring or during the probationary employment period)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- Experience working in an operations environment; operating a baler is an asset
- Desirable: forklift operating license, WHIMIS and First Aid certificates
- Safety boots are mandatory; other safety items are provided
Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia. For more information on Divert NS, visit our website at www.divertns.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
The posting will remain active until the position is filled.