Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Summit
This summit explored how to increase efficiency and improve operations at HHW facilities. Stakeholders shared their best practices for managing HHW, and Extended Producer Responsibility Programs for HHW that exist in other provinces were highlighted.
In partnership with Nova Scotia Environment, Divert NS hosted a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Summit to bring key stakeholders together to facilitate discussion on how to increase efficiency and improve operations at HHW facilities. During the morning presentations, stakeholders shared their best practices for managing HHW, and the afternoon session highlighted EPR Programs for HHW that exist in other provinces.
- Aersol and Paint Recycling by Brenda Rioux, Cumberland Joint Services
- Management of Batteries by Darlyne Proctor, Municipality of Colchester
- Efficiency Nova Scotia's Mercury Collection Program by Jennifer Court, Scout Environmental
- HHW EPR Programs Across Canada by Mannie Cheung, Product Care Association
- HHW Management in Nova Scotia by Bob Kenney, Nova Scotia Environment
- Mobile HHW Depot by Susan MacDonald, Pictou County Solid Waste
- Propane Cylinder Recycling by Andrew Garrett, Valley Waste Resource Management