Agricultural Waste to Resource Summit
This event showcased innovative waste to resource initiatives currently occurring on-farm, highlighted current challenges in managing agricultural waste, and identified opportunities for agriculture and waste management to work together in Nova Scotia.
On March 6, Divert NS hosted the Agricultural Waste to Resource Summit to showcase innovative waste to resource initiatives already happening on-farm, highlight current challenges in managing agricultural waste, and identify opportunities for agriculture and waste management to work together in Nova Scotia. Guests at the one-day summit included farmers and agricultural associations; municipal, federal and provincial government; environmental organizations; and academia.
Presentations as follows:
- Overview of Waste Diversion in Nova Scotia, Ashley David, Nova Scotia Environment
- Agricultural Diversion Programs in Canada, Kim Timmer, CleanFARMS
- Creating an Agricultural Market for Compost, Lise LeBlanc, LP Consulting
- Waste Wood and Wallboard to Cow Bedding, Cynthia Duey, Bovidae Farms
- Gleaning Farmers’ Fields, Laurel Schut, FOUND Forgotten Food
- Recycled Paint, Brian Tanner, Laurentide Resource Atlantic Inc
- Overview of the Environmental Farm Plan, Paul Brenton, NS Federation of Agriculture
Photos of the summit are available here. (Note: Photos are copyright Divert NS 2018. If you download and share photos, please credit Divert NS.)