Divert NS is seeking a Warehouse Manager at our beverage container processing facility in Kemptown, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be an integral part of the Divert NS team.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Divert NS processing facility in Kemptown. This includes supervising employees, and hiring and training new employees; creating schedules; maintaining records; ensuring asset and equipment inspections; monitoring inventory, shipping supplies and baled materials; assisting with procurement; using preventative maintenance software; and completing projects assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Oversee all warehouse supervisors and staff, and conduct performance reviews
- Maintain records and coordinate day-to-day beverage container baling, processing and shipments to end markets
- Manage the warehouse budget, participate in meetings and provide monthly reporting on warehouse operations
- Ensure and manage a safe work environment through the organization’s Occupational Health & Safety program
- Record and analyse warehouse efficiency data, and recommend and help implement productivity improvements
- Manage the inventory, receiving and shipping of Enviro-DepotTM supplies
- Complete essential documents (e.g. bill of lading, customs documents, etc.) and keep the warehouse well organized, orderly and clean
- Help develop and manage a preventative maintenance program for assets and equipment, and use preventative maintenance software
- Maintain contractor database and all WCB records and documents
- Provide operational support for material control system scanners
- Assist in developing, evaluating and awarding Request for Proposals
- Work with the Director of Operations to implement strategic initiatives and special projects.
- Must have experience managing employees
- Proficient in Occupational Health & Safety requirements
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (specifically Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Minimum college diploma
- Must be able to safely lift and drag items in excess of 75 pounds (Divert NS reserves the right to have the employee undergo a medical fitness test prior to hiring or during the probationary employment period)
- Must have WHMIS and First Aid certification
- Experience working in a warehouse/operations environment
- Safety shoes mandatory; other safety items will be provided
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to, age, gender, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples in Canada, and racially visible minorities.
This posting will remain active until the position is filled. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.