Divert NS is currently seeking highly motivated team players to fill summer student positions as Warehouse Workers at our processing facility in Kemptown, Colchester County.
Warehouse Workers process used beverage containers that are collected under the beverage container recycling program and through the Enviro-Depot™ network. Workers are required to unload, bale, store and load processed containers for transport to a processing facility. They may also handle other program materials that Divert NS manages (e.g. paint) and/or perform quality control checks.
- Unload program materials from trailers delivered to the warehouse.
- Load baled/processed materials onto trailers for shipment.
- Use electronic scanners and complete daily paperwork.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Perform quality control checks to verify accuracy of products received.
Responsibilities - The successful applicants must:
- Possess good communication skills to work in a team setting with other employees and outside contractors.
- Have good organizational skills relevant to the operation of an efficient warehouse.
- Be capable of performing basic maintenance checks on their equipment and fill out applicable paper work.
- Be physically fit and able to lift and/or drag items weighing up to 75 pounds. (Divert NS reserves the right to have the employee undergo a medical fitness test prior to hiring.)
- Experience working in an operations environment would be an asset.
- WHIMIS and First Aid certificates desirable.
- Safety shoes mandatory; other safety items will be provided.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
The posting will remain active until the positions are filled.
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia.