Divert NS is currently seeking a highly motivated team player to fill a full-time position as Warehouse Worker at our processing facility in Kemptown, Colchester County. The Warehouse Worker will process used beverage containers collected through Divert NS’ beverage container recycling program and the Enviro-Depot™ network. S/he will be required to unload, bale, store, and load processed bales for shipment. The Warehouse Worker will safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and/or baler (with required training); use electronic scanners and complete daily paperwork and records; perform quality control checks; and possibly handle other program materials that Divert NS manages (e.g. paint).
Responsibilities - The successful applicant must:
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting with other employees and outside contractors
- Have good organizational skills relevant to the operation of an efficient warehouse
- Be capable of performing basic maintenance checks on their equipment and fill out applicable paperwork
- Be physically fit and able to lift and/or drag items ranging in weight up to 75lbs. Divert NS reserves the right to have the employee undergo a medical fitness test prior to hiring or during the probationary employment period.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
- Forklift operating license is desirable
- WHMIS and First Aid certificates are desirable
- Experience working in an operations environment, operating a baler is an asset
- Safety shoes mandatory; other safety items will be provided.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
The posting will remain active until the position is filled.