Divert NS is seeking a Warehouse Manager for our beverage container processing facility in Kemptown, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be an integral part of the Divert NS team.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Divert NS warehouse and processing facility in Kemptown. This includes, but is not limited to supervising employees; creating schedules; maintaining records; ensuring all assets and equipment are regularly inspected and records kept; monitoring inventory levels and coordinating shipping; using and updating preventative maintenance software; taking part in the interviewing, hiring and training of new employees; completing projects as assigned by the Director of Operations; supporting the Director with strategic planning and efficiency initiatives; assisting with procurement requirements.
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to, age, gender, persons with disabilities, racialized persons, Black, Indigenous and people of color.
- Oversee warehouse staff and assist as required.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of warehouse.
- Ensure a safe work environment.
- Complete documents and reports.
- Manage the warehouse budget and participate in meetings.
- Continue to develop and manage preventative maintenance.
- Assist in developing, evaluating, awarding, and rolling out Requests for Proposals.
- Work on special projects.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have experience managing employees
- Proficient in Occupational Health & Safety requirements
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (specifically Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Minimum college diploma
- Must be able to safely lift and drag items in excess of 75 pounds (Divert NS reserves the right to have the employee undergo a medical fitness test prior to hiring or during the probationary employment period)
- Must have WHMIS and First Aid certification
- Experience working in a warehouse/operations environment
- Safety shoes mandatory; other safety items will be provided
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This posting will remain active until the position is filled. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.