Divert NS is seeking an Environmental Programs Assistant at our Head Office located in Truro, Nova Scotia, for a 26-week term position beginning September 2019. Reporting to the Director of Programs and Development, you will be an integral part of the Divert NS team.
The Environmental Programs Assistant will work in the Programs and Development Department. This department oversees both regional and provincial education campaigns, provides funding for businesses and researchers looking to turn waste into a resource, and liaises with industry stewardship organizations.
- Assist with educational initiatives related to waste diversion in Nova Scotia, including Waste Reduction Week planning, developing new resources for educators, etc.
- Oversee the development of case studies to document businesses advancing waste diversion in Nova Scotia
- Research and identify new ways to measure the environmental impact of Divert NS
- Undertake research to advance initiatives or policies to reduce waste/increase diversion.
- Bachelor of Environmental Science/Studies or related discipline
- Must be highly motivated and possess the ability to multi-task
- Must display initiative and problem-solving skills
- Experience in delivering educational programming would be considered an asset
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Research and report writing skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Innovative and creative mindset
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to, age, gender, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples in Canada, and racially visible minorities.
This posting will remain active until the position is filled. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia. Applicants should be familiar with the province’s Solid Waste-Resource Management Strategy available at www.gov.ns.ca/nse/waste.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.