Divert NS is seeking a committed, enthusiastic environmental champion to apply for our Board.
The Board strives to balance skills and expertise to meet mandates and ensure effective governance, with province-wide representation for stakeholders. Candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of board governance, including general operating principles of a board.
- Interest and willingness to champion change to move the organization forward with strategic plans.
- Ability to think and manage strategically at a board level.
- Willingness to engage with stakeholders and be receptive to different viewpoints.
- Ability to act in the best interest of Divert NS.
- High level of integrity and ethics as related to the administration of public institutions and their role.
In addition to the above, the Board is seeking a new member with Accounting/Financial Expertise: An established accounting professional with a designation (e.g. CPA). Preference is for an individual that works in one of the industry sectors or stakeholder groups served by Divert NS. Experience with the solid waste, recycling and/or environmental sector is beneficial.
Divert NS will begin considering applications on October 18, 2019, with the new Director expected to be appointed in December 2019. Please apply in confidence to the Board Chair, care of Angie Crowe-Jeffrey:
Human Resources, Divert NS
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400, Truro NS B2N 3H9
Divert NS believes in diversity and values the benefit that diversity can bring to its Board of Directors. The organization seeks to maintain a board comprised of talented and dedicated directors with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills and backgrounds. It desires the skills and backgrounds collectively represented on the Board be reflective of the diverse nature of the environment in which it operates. For the purposes of Board composition, diversity includes, but is not limited to, business experience, geography, age, gender, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous Peoples in Canada, and racially visible minorities.
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia.