Divert NS is seeking a Communications Officer located at our Head Office in Truro, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Manager of Communications, you will be an integral part of the Divert NS team.
The Communications Officer is responsible for providing support and assistance in the ongoing activities and goals of the Communications department as it implements internal and external communications initiatives for all stakeholders and audiences.
- Assist with communications initiatives related to waste diversion in Nova Scotia - event planning, public relations, internal communications, media relations, etc.
- Coordinate and implement communications strategies and manage projects and/or events
- Research, write and edit copy for printed materials, website and social media
- Develop stakeholder and internal communications
- Relevant college or university degree with one to four years’ experience in communications or public relations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Working ability in business programs (i.e. Microsoft Office) and design programs (i.e. Adobe Photoshop and InDesign)
- Highly motivated, multi-tasking individual, displaying problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Team player with ability and desire to interact with people at all management levels
- Diplomacy, respect, autonomy, self-starter
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- A background in environmental activities or studies would be considered an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours when required.
Salary to be negotiated based on experience.
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to, age, gender, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples in Canada, and racially visible minorities.
This posting will remain active until the position is filled. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.