Divert NS is a not-for profit corporation established by the Province of Nova Scotia to administer certain components of the Solid Waste-Resource Management Strategy. We are currently looking for a Communications Officer located at our Head Office in Truro, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Manager of Communications, you will be an integral part of the Divert NS team.
The Communications Officer is responsible for providing support and assistance in the ongoing activities and goals of the Communications department as it implements internal and external communications initiatives for all stakeholders and audiences.
- Assist with communications initiatives related to waste diversion in Nova Scotia - event planning, public relations, internal communications, media relations, etc.
- Coordinate and implement communications strategies and manage projects and/or events
- Research, write and edit copy for social media, website, and printed materials
- Develop stakeholder and internal communications
- Relevant university degree with three to five years’ experience in communications or public relations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Working ability in business programs (i.e. Microsoft Office) and design programs (i.e. Adobe Photoshop and InDesign), and familiar with content management system programs
- Highly motivated, multi-tasking individual, displaying problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Team player with ability and desire to interact with people at all management levels
- Ability to ensure maximum performance, even under pressure
- Diplomacy, respect, autonomy, self starter
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience in a nonprofit environment would be considered an asset
- A background in environmental activities or studies would be considered an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
Salary to be negotiated based on experience.
This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on Divert NS, please visit our website at www.divertns.ca.
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9